Am I being vengefull or do you think I am justifyed?

Me and my husband are going throught a divore ( he left me). He has visitation with our kids 3 weekend out of the month. I get them only one weekend. He lives an hour away so he can't come and see them through out the week. I want him to get the kids every other weekend. I am not working right now so I see them all the time. I want my kids to see there dad, but I also want weekend time with the kids for myself. It it fair for him to only see the kids two weekends a month? Or do you think he should have them more. Atleast he is showing that he want to be part of there lives. He is the type of person that he always gets things his way. Now that we are not together I don't want to do things his way, but I want to be fair. What do you think that I should do? Please help me. Thank you.

rachel0226

Asked by rachel0226 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Since you aren't working and have them all week, I think it's fair for dad to get to see them on the weekends. You still get one weekend a month.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• If you see them all week, why do you need the weekend too? You're being selfish.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Why don't you let your children decide how often they get to see their dad. Or at least ask their opinion (if they are old enough to give one).

If your not working, then let him have them for 3 weeks. You obviously see them more. Do what is fare for the children.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• when you go to court it will probably be every other weekend. dont stress. just play nice till then.
    hlmommy

Answer by hlmommy at 3:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I think every other weekend is acceptable, however seeing as how you are home with them during the week as well, I think 3 weekends is acceptable as well as long as he is a good and attentive father.
    MynTop

Answer by MynTop at 3:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I think that riotgrrl said it well, that since you have the children all week and one weekend, that it seems fair for their father to have them three weekends.

Answer by Bmat at 3:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• You should let them be with their dad 3 weekends. I think you're being petty.
    LolaCherryCola

Answer by LolaCherryCola at 4:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• He chose to be a part time dad it's not your fault, it was his choice, what ever works for you and you kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I agree with Anon 3:09, he chose to not be there full time and lives an hour away. Hard to feel sorry for him. I think you should just play nice until you see what the court has to say. I can understand what you're saying about wanting some more weekend time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Once your kids are in school I think it's only fair that you alternate weekends, but if they are not school age and you're home ALL day with them ALL week, I think the ADULT thing to do would allow him to have the 3 weekends.
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2009