Ideas to stop breastfedding?

I have a 16 Month Old son and I would like to stop breastfeeding him, but I just don't know how to begain. He is so attach to it, What can I do?

marybell_111

Asked by marybell_111 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Drop the least favorite feeding. Wait a week and drop the next least favorite one. Also join the bfing moms group on here cause there's a good sticky on weaning.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I've heard that if you start offering a sippy sith milk in it before you nurse and then let him nurse for less and less time, just a gradual reduction of all nursings it can help, but I'm not there yet, so I'm not sure
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Drop one feeding a week until weaned.

It's best to do it this way, because if you quit cold-turkey, you're at a high risk of developing mastitis from getting engorged and the milk not being removed. This will also be less stressful on your LO since it's gradual. GL!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2009