Fireproof

Has anyone seen it? And has it changed your marriage like it did mine?

My husband and I have been having trouble with our marriage for the last three years. Ever since I got pregnant with my daughter basically. We were on the brink of divorce on Monday. We were going to go down to the courthouse and file the paper work. They were signed and ready to go. But his sister kept on us about watching Fireproof so we finally did.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 3:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband and I have been having trouble with our marriage for the last three years. Ever since I got pregnant with my daughter basically. We were on the brink of divorce on Monday. We were going to go down to the courthouse and file the paper work. They were signed and ready to go. But his sister kept on us about watching Fireproof so we finally did.

It was like watching our marriage in a movie. It was exactly how our marriage was. Only they didn't have a kid. But I felt unappreciated, lonely, neglected and sad all the time. He didn't realize it. He thought providing for me was enough to show me how much he loved me. We both didn't know what marriage was about until we watched this movie. We must have been bawling on the couch for a good thirty minutes, holding eachother. It was the best feeling in the world. For the first time I felt like he had come home to me and we were finally reunited.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I've heard of it but I haven't seen it. I think it's great that you were able to make that break through and reconnect with each other. It's something like that so unexpected to help bring some people round and a movie of all things. Best wishes to you both.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Hubby and I have a wonderful relationship yet we watched this with our kids and found it amazing. So amazing in fact that we bought 2 cases of books and 24 DVD's. We now give those out for wedding and anniversary gifts
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I've actually never been married, I'm a single mother. I watched that movie and bawled my head off!!!! I wish me and my childs father could have watched that before we broke up and things got so ugly. My sister was going thru a divorce when I introduced this movie to her, and I do believe she is following the love dare now and things are working very well for her!!! I think its a wonderful movie!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My dh & I are still going through problems after watching the movie and getting THE LOVE DARE book. It hasn't helped us one bit but the movie was excellent and I would reccommend it to anyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2009