Any resume ideas for someone re-entering the work force after 8 years?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• i don't know what line of work you're in, but most places don't even except resumes anymore, it's all done online :(
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Emphasize your strengths, be it education or skills and move work experience further down. If you google resume samples, you may be able to find a good example of someone who's done the same thing.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 3:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Explain the gap. Stayed home to raise family etc. As lvpenguino said emphasize your strengths. Have you ever thought about working from home? I recently started working from home and I’m very happy with my decision!!! I work with a great team of Moms. We help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    Visit me at:
    www.4MyFamilyandMe.com
    Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Read this article, it can help you:

How to Find Work Experience as a Stay at Home Mom

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It certainly is tough getting back into the work field, having somebody else controling your life. I wanted to be in charge of my own life and its direction, and that is the exact reason I searched high and low to find a way to Work from Home and earn GOOD money. I came across a home-based business opportunity with no large investment, no inventory and no risk. I work from home with a company that manufactures products that we’re already buying elsewhere, but they are better, safer, healthier and more economical. We just help set up customer accounts and the company pays us to do so. It has benefited our family so much! If you would like some more information, please feel free to ask. www.MoreFreeTime.biz
    MakinMonyAtHome

Answer by MakinMonyAtHome at 4:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2009