alcohol and early pregnancy

what is your take on drinking during early pregnancy and potential harm to the baby? During my first pregnancy i drank a couple of times between conception and my missed period. never really a lot. once i had like 3 drinks, and once i had 1 drink. but i worried about it from time to time during my pregnancy but fortunately DS turned out just fine :)

Now I always worry about it between ovulation and the start of my period. I don't ever drink a lot but I have had 3 or 4 drinks in the past couple of weeks and now my period is late.

We use natural family planning so of course I always know pregnancy is a possibility....

My hope is that alcohol in moderate amounts wouldn't have a huge effect that early, with implantation taking a few days and then the cells multiplying but i am really not very well-informed.

thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My doctor told me that the first 4 weeks after your last period wouldn't affect the baby even if you're drinking heavily. The most that would happen is very early miscarriage, to the point you wouldn't even know you were pregnant at all. I could have just been told that though because I found out I was pregnant at 4weeks & had been drinking very heavily. But I don't know. I'm sure you & possible baby would be fine.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• OP here. i did just read on babycenter.com that the most vulnerable time is from 4-10 weeks, which would mostly be after the missed period...the embryonic stage when systems form develop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2009