How can i get back to my pre pregnancy size (5)

I have never been a larger size girl, i have never weighd more than 138 in my life. Now that i've had my son 8 months later i find it hard to loose the weight. My husband is a larger man and he buys junk food and pop and thing like that. It's hard not to eat what right in front of your face.

NoahJames1217

Asked by NoahJames1217 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• welcome to my world. i hate hormel and cookies for dinner last night! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Well, for one thing, it can take awhile. I didn't lose an ounce until my son was 6 months old. So don't feel so much pressure based on the calendar, you know? Once I did start losing, I actually dipped about 15 pounds below my pre-preg weight and have been trying to gain weight ever since. Now, as for the junk food, I hear ya sister. But if you want to lose weight (and feel healthier) you need to make better food choices. If possible, designate an area of the pantry for "his" food and an area for "your" food. Load up at the store on healthful snacks. Choose things that will stay with you longer, like complex carbs and whole grains. Avoid buying/eating things with hfcs/processed sugars. My dh is a junk food fan, too, but you know what? Once I started buying healthier foods and making healthier choices, he soon followed suit. Now, a little over a year later, we no longer keep that junk in the house.
    anusaramama

Answer by anusaramama at 3:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• just rememer that your body shape is different now that you've given birth. your hips and pelvis change shape and size in pregnancy and then birth.

drink LOTS of water.
    eat healthy
    get your heart rate up for at least 30 minutes a day (whether its walking, working out or even just cleaning the house)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• You have to do some type of excerise and eat 3 meals of 300 cal and 3 snacks of 100 cal. Drink lots of water and eat your food slowly and chew it alot this will help you enjoy it longer and know when you r full.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 5:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• JC - just so you know, that's a REALLY low amount of calories per day, and everyone is different. For example, I lose weight rapidly if I limit my intake to 2000 calories per day. In order to maintain my weight, I typically eat 2500+ calories per day. If I tried to eat only 1200 calories per day when I was trying to lose baby weight, I would have been so sick by the end of the first day that I would have been unable to function, and I likely would have passed out within the first 2 days.
    anusaramama

Answer by anusaramama at 6:50 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I am a lifestyle coach and have personally went from an 18 to 12 in the last 4 1/2 months (on my way to a size 6. Do you really want help doing this? I can send you some info
    Hullofamom

Answer by Hullofamom at 7:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2009