Is Clomid a fertility drug? If so how much does it usually cost?

I ask because I have PCOS and I am TTC #2 and have been for almost a year. I am almost done with month 1 of Metformin but I am curiuse about anything else that will help. My insurence wont cover fertility drugs though so I need to know if it is how much will it cost?

sweetiowamommy

Asked by sweetiowamommy at 3:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, it is a fertility drug. I took it to get pregnant the first time. But my insurance covered it so I have no idea what it cost...sorry!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 3:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Walmart is 9 bucks for 5 pills of the 50mg. i know that because my sister just got it....thats for generic
    Missy_Dye

Answer by Missy_Dye at 3:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• other places are way to expensive go to walmart for it
    Missy_Dye

Answer by Missy_Dye at 4:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• What is the generic name? Do I need a prescription? Probably lol.
    sweetiowamommy

Answer by sweetiowamommy at 4:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• yea it is expensive unless you can find it at walmart like a pp said.
    it doesn't always work
    it can result in multiples and a smart doctor will do ultrasounds to check on the production of follicles while taking it. the ultrasounds will cost money and your insurance MIGHT cover it, but you need to find out first, cause that cost will add up fast. try the metformin a little longer. the first time i started using it I got pregnant by 3 months. yes i have been on it again for almost 6 months without a pregnancy but... it doesn't always work like we want it too.
    oh yea you def need a prescription :)
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• You have PCOS...you don't ovulate thats a normal think that a womans body does...and would be or should be concidered a health problem for you so insurance should cover that..dont say that yr trying to have a baby! Talk to yr dr about it!
    STELLYL

Answer by STELLYL at 11:48 AM on Aug. 20, 2009