Why aren't you receiving any type of public assistance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I used to be on P.A and to me it held me back. I got too comfortable them paying my rent. I am grateful that I got the help. But for too many years I was so stuck in my life and very depent on pa. When I got a job I had to earn that $1000 rent on my own. So I am happy now I can have a bank account and own my car. Don't get wrong there people who really need. My advise get the programs you can get while on it and be dependent and you will be free. I got tired of some of the social workers they treat people like crap just because your on P.A. The fact is if there were no people on P.A social workers would have no jobs. So I thank God I have moved on and I am very grateful. Their countries that don't have P.A so we ought to be thankful.
    Leelove

Answer by Leelove at 9:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Um... because my household income is large enough to cover my expenses.
    anusaramama

Answer by anusaramama at 4:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Don't need it, don't qualify.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Make too much to recieve benefits and not enough to actually make it.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• we make too much money
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I don't qualify. Believe it or not, my husband and I both work, pay our bills ON TIME, do NOT have any credit card debt. We afford 2 car payments and insurance. we pay for day care for our toddler, and do not recieve any form of public support. The only support I get is free baby sitting as necessary from my parents and my dad is helping fund my daughers college savings account.

OMG! Can this all be true? Is it really possible to live in this world without depending on others?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Also, I don't want it. I'm all for helping those that need it. If I were to get some, I'd be preventing someone who needs it more from getting it.

Although, during college I did get the PELL Grant and Federal Work Study. But I did earn it and I feel I am contributing to society so am paying it forward for the next generation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Well Yippy for you

Do you feel better now?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Curious - is this question being asked because it's just expected now that people who have babies jump right into welfare?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• ... don't need it realy should read "don't qualify" There are those out there who would benefit, but just make too much. Which I think is unfair.
    Anonymous