losing weight

So I went into the doctors yesterday and instead of gaining weight I'm losing weight when I got pregnany I was 120 but now I'm down to 111 and my doctor didn't say anything about it and said the baby looked healthy. but I don't know I'm eating like they say you should and everything. I also gained weight by now with my first. has this happened to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That happened to me with all 3 of my pregnancies. The most i gained in any preg. was 15lbs. With my 3rd child i only gained 13pounds total. It may just be water fluctuation in your case. If you loose weight again i would definately bring it up if your doc. doesn't. 9 pounds is a lot of weight to loose though. I would think you would be weighed on the same scale at docs. office for consistancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I went to the dr yesterday and I've lost 5 pounds. I'm only 15 weeks pregnant but she said that I need to be gaining about a pound a week. This is my second and I'm already showing but for some reason I'm losing weight too.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• it depends on how far along you are. If your out of your first trimester then you should really be gaining weight and not losing it. But as long as the baby looks healthy its not a HUGE concern. Your body gives nutrients to the baby before you, so chances are as long as your eating your baby is still doing fine.
    If your throwing up a lot and that's causing you to lose weight then you might want to talk with your doc about solutions to that issue.. throwing up can cause you to get dehydrated plus its keeping all those nutrients OUT of your body.. not a good thing for a growing baby
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It also has to do with your morning sickness, if you have it, you could be eating well but with morning sickness you could be getting rid of a lot of it. If you are drinking a lot of water you could be flushing a lot of it out of you...as long as the baby is healthy that is all that matters! Your doctor will let you know if there is a problem!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I also lost weight and have yet to gain any. I am 19 weeks and have lost 10 pounds. My doc says as long as I am eating right and the baby is healthy then there isn't anything to worry about. granted I weighed quite a bit more than 120 at conception, though.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I actually went into the hospital six lbs lighter than I started out with my second child. I lost so much in the beginning that I couldnt gain it all back. Not that I was complaining though LOL! If the doctor isnt concerned about it than it is probably ok.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2009