Can I cook twiced baked potatoes in the microwave ? Need answer ASAP!

I don't want to turn on the oven for hours. So can I cook them initially in the microwave?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Yep. Just google and you'll find a recipe. Here's the first one that came up for me: http://www.recipesource.com/misc/microwave/00/rec0088.html

Answer by gdiamante at 4:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I usually wash potatos poke with fork wrap in wet paper towels stick in microwave for 5 to 10 mins. depends on how many and how big they are. With a hot pad sqeeze and see if they are done. then follow recipe for scooping and mixing..then bake.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Absolutley, it will cut down the time tremendously and make it so you do not have to turn on the hot over. I do as the above poster and pike about 4 times and I place mine right in the microwave without covering them. Then when I want to see if they are finished I just poke a fork into them and if it slides in with ease then they are good to go. I love twiced baked potatos!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2009