What do you do when you infant doesn't like to ride in the car or be in the car seat?

My best friend is on her 3rd baby boy. Her youngest is 2 1/2 months and she is at the point where she doesn't want to leave the house cause the baby starts crying the second she puts him in the car seat. Her other 2 boys did this as well. Once in the car it just gets worse. He will scream and cry to the point where he makes himself throw up. She's tried giving him a binky but he hates it. She's tried putting a little toy on the carrier. She's at a loss. She never figure out anything with her older boys that calmed them down. They just out grew it but not until like close to a year. I told her I would ask on here to see if any one else has had this problem and if you found any solutions that helped you.

kittykat1919

Asked by kittykat1919 at 4:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow that's a tough one...All three of her kids did this? This might be a stupid question but has she used the same carrier with all three? Maybe it's really uncomfortable?? I wish I had a good suggestion, that's a tough one...I'll be interested to see what others say.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• You can get Gripe water for them it has chamomile in it. the car ride may be upseting his tummy.
    sami07

Answer by sami07 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• my younger 2 HATED car trips. it was only once I could turn them around that they were better with it.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• motion sickness?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Get one of those mirrors that lets the baby see himself!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 5:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Lol.. there ya go... tell her to turn the baby forward facing.. geez.
    My nephew hates the car and we got him a DVD player for his 1st bday. He loved that. Maybe that will work? Or one of the mirrors?
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• turn the radio up...lol...
    Micahbabysmommy

Answer by Micahbabysmommy at 10:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2009