Teething

My son is 2 months old...I breast feed and formula feed....
I just noticed that he has been chewing alot so ,me being a concered mom
I stuck my finger in his mouth ( clean of course ) and checked it out...HE IS TEETHING... is that normal????? My daughter didnt start getting teeth until she was at least 6 or 7 months old...

Mamaof1band1g

Asked by Mamaof1band1g at 4:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how do you know he is teething?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yes that is normal. I am the same way I worry a lot also. My oldest nephew had a month full of teeth by the time he was a year in half. He started teething at 3 months old. He's fine don't worry mommie :~)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My son cut his first tooth at 4 months! Get ready for the drool :-) Some kids cut 'em early. Frozen washcloths, cold teething rings and other things to chew on are great for the early teething days!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 5:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• That's normal. It's not common, but it's still normal. Just help him through it. My daughter cut her first tooth around 6 months, and instead of just having one first tooth, she had two that cut at the same time. So she never had a first tooth, she had first teeth.
    Call-Me-Mommy

Answer by Call-Me-Mommy at 5:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2009