My 2 month old...

She won't sleep. She is breastfed. I lay down with her and feed her and she starts to fall asleep, but as soon as I get up she starts to scream. I can't just lay down with her all day because I have an 18 month old as well.

Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried a swing? Or driving her in the car for a bit? Although I doubt that's easy with another young one...Can you nurse her until she falls asleep and then continue laying with her for a few more minutes to make sure she's out? I have a 2 month old also and nursing her puts her to sleep most of the time but I usually let her lay on me for an extra fwe minutes to make sure she's really asleep. The swing puts her to sleep to, and the car sometimes. Good luck! Sounds like you got your hands full!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Get a sling or wrap.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• She hates the swing. I drive around in the car and as soon as the car stops she wakes up. My older daughter had no problems sleeping. I just don't know what else I can try. I've tried laying with her even after I thought she was completely out, but she still wakes up. I think it's just the body heat that she misses. I've tried swaddling her and she hates that, too. I just wish there was something else I could do for her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I have read on here that some babies make you think they hate being swaddled but after a few minutes of fussing they fall asleep - maybe give that a shot if you haven't...sorry, that's gotta be hard....
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Thanks! I'll try to swaddle her again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Any other odd symptoms? Could be getting sick
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2009