Has your uterus ever measured small?

I am 31 weeks and I've measured perfectly at all of my previous appointments. But at my appointment yesterday I only measured 28 weeks, which means I only grew 1 cm in 4 weeks! My doc said that 3 cm's is the maximum I can be off without causing great concern. But if I'm measuring small again at my next appt she wants to do another ultrasound (no arguements there, I haven't seen baby since 18 weeks :-). But I'm still kinda freaked out. Did you ever measure the wrong size even though your dates were right? How many cm's were you off by and what caused it for you?

momma_shuler

Asked by momma_shuler at 4:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was off 3 cm pretty much the whole time with my son. He was born 2 weeks early with me measuring 3 weeks behind and he weighed 7 1/2 lbs and 21 inches, so it had nothing to do with his size just how I carried him. I also had an extra ultrasound to check his size, which was nice. I think I would be more concerned if I had changed suddenly, but if your doctor isn't concerned it's probably fine.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I measured small for all three pregnancies up until the last few weeks. but I am also 6feet tall so there's a LOT of torso to hide baby in. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• mine measured 3 weeks under through both my pregnancies and it is no big deal. It could be as simple as the baby dropped
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I measured about 2-3 cm small at every appointment up to the end, when I started measuring 1-2 cm big. It has more to do with how the baby's lying in there than anything else. I remember one appointment, the doc measured me at 3 cm small, then the baby moved and she measured again and it was right on track. And my baby ended up being born at 40 wks, 8 lbs 3 oz and 21.25 inches long.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2009