How much would you pay me to watch your child during an average work day?

I am considering offering to watch children during the day and want to get an idea of how much to charge. I am 22 years old with a lot of energy. I am CPR/First Aid certified. I can provide references as well as a medical screening. I am a non smoker and can pass a drug test. My house is well child proofed. I will provide healthy and organic breakfast, lunch and snack. We do not watch television. I own many educational toys and games for ages birth up to 5 years.

I will also have nine month old twin girls to care for who are self feeders and put themselves to sleep.

YoungTwinMommy

Asked by YoungTwinMommy at 4:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I pay $25/day in a small town where it tends to be cheaper than in the city. Most families here get a second child discount. so 25 for first and $15 for 2nd kid of same family.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't use you unless you were also registered with the state. Then maybe $100-$15 a week. I'm paying $175 for a day care center and expect to pay more there. My daughter is 2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I get $40 a day to watch my friend's 2 kids (2.5 and 8 months)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I pay $25/day for one; $30/day for both (in-home); and $40/day for both (center)
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 5:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I pay $75 a week plus some food for 4 days 7:30a-2:30p. For food this week I gave her: a gallon of milk, a box of 'whales', 4 single serve cups of carrots, a small jar of peanut butter and 10 kraft singles. Last week I gave her: a bag of frozen peas, a small box of cheerios,3 cups of yogurt, a gallon of milk and a dozen eggs.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2009