Hey ladies...for those of you who receive wic...

and get tons and tons of peanut butter...here are some fun snacks to do with the kids instead of just the normal peanut butter and jelley.

wash, core and cut up an apple put into a mixing bowl add a table spoon or more of peanut butter..creamy or crunchy to the mixing bowl add a pinch of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon/sugar. mix well and add on bread slices for an apple peanut butter spread.

Cut the top off the washed apple, core and hollow out the apple put the pieces of apple in a mixing bowl throw away the core. Add a crumbled up granola bar or nuts and raisens to the mixing bowl add a little orange juice or any other kind of juice to the mixing bowl. spread peanut butter on the inside of your apple add the contents of the mixing bowl and put the top back on for a yummy apple, peanut butter snack.

Do you have any receipes you would like to share?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• heres one-
    1 cup creamy peanut butter (no sugar added preferred)
    1 cup packed light brown sugar (can brown sugar substitute)
    1 egg
    24 dark chocolate stars (or any shape)

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
    2. In a medium bowl combine peanut butter sugar and egg. Beat ingredients together until the mixture becomes blended and smooth.
    3. Shape dough into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
    4. Place dough balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
    5. Press one chocolate star atop each cookie.
    6. Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies become set. Remove from oven.
    7. Remove cookies from sheet and place on wire racks until completely cooled.

lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Well thank you very much.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• thanks!! I never get the peanut butter cuz its still sitting in my pantry from when I ws pregnant the first time. This pregnancy I can't STAND the smell of it.. talk about strange!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• If you ask WIC they will give you some resipies... I'm more of a muddy buddies kind of girl... Just by Chex & Peanut Butter with your WIC and you are half way there!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• peanut butter is the root of all evil! :)
    lol
    Just kidding I Just hate peanut butter lol
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• how about just giving out the recipes because our kids like peanut butter not because were on wic and if im n ot on wic does that mean i cant make these recipes....?
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 6:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

Never fails, there's always got to be a rotten APPLE in the bunch! Waa Waa! cry me a river!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• nana77500: She said WIC mommies because anyone who has been on WIC knows that you have jars and jars of peanut butter, and don't know what to do with it.

At one point I had 3 unopened jars. I gave one to my mom, and used the other two to make no-bake cookies.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• No Bake Cookies

2 c sugar
    1/2 c milk
    1/2 c cocoa powder
    pinch of salt
    1/2 c butter
    1 c peanut butter (about half a jar)
    3 c oatmeal

In a large saucepan, combine sugar, milk, cocoa, salt, and butter. Heat to boiling. Mix well. Cover pan for 30 seconds, and continue boiling for 1 whole minute. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until mixture is smooth. Mix in oatmeal. Let stand/cool for 10 minutes. Using a spoon, drop cookies onto waxes parchment paper (I use cookie sheets, but it sticks a little sometimes). Let cool and harden for 30 min to an hour, depending on how big you make them.

My absolute fave!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2009