Rediculous? or normal to worry??

My boyfriend and i are expecting a little girl the beginning of october, we are not even ready, my boyfriend told his mother that Im rediculous or its rediculous that Im so worried that we wont be ready. the room isnt done we dont even have a carseat or crib, we still need to put a floor in and get things we are not ready, and im a little worried that we wont be ready is that wrong of me? am I rediculous?? like he says? I just dont think that he understands completely the responsibility that comes with a baby, its not like shes a dog or a teenager ya know we cant put her up on the couch till everything is ready, we have to be ready, before she is... So Am I rediculous???

mismommy2009

Asked by mismommy2009 at 4:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its normal.

especially as the mom we worry WAY more than the daddies. baby is a part of us for 9 months that we become especially attached.

the worries you have as a mom just change as they get older and grow. now my worries are about puberty, math, school, bullying.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• No you're not ridiculous. It's a mother's natural instinct to want to be prepared for her baby. There is a lot to do, and it's easier to get it done before the baby comes than after the baby comes and you have so much more to do, and so much less sleep.

By the way, what did his mother say when he said that you were ridiculous?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• aww honey everyone is worried about being ready and no matter how prepared you are you still aren't ready. It normal to worry a little bit but don't stress yourself out its not good for the baby.
    sami07

Answer by sami07 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Well, you're not ridiculous. But you ARE nesting. And he's not. So it's totally normal that you're all worried and worked up about things that don't phase him one bit. Recognize that everything does NOT have to be finished, installed, purchased, cleaned, and perfect before baby arrives. (If it's any comfort, I moved to a new state three weeks before I delivered, and still had half my house in boxes and my crib in pieces on the floor when my son was born. And we all survived just fine. No harm done.) And try to help him understand that you are crazed by hormones and stress right now, and the last thing you need is to be told you are ridiculous.
    anusaramama

Answer by anusaramama at 4:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I understand your concern but if its not ready, it wont be the end of the world, it is best to have it all done before but sometimes things dont work out like that, u still have 2 months to go, if he is being lazy and not doing the floors and so forth hire someone to finsh it or get friends to help you finish it. There is always a way.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• not a bit. you might bring up to him the possiblity that a baby can come early too. premature births are happening more and more. Also that the due date is only the midpoint for when the baby can come , so baby can come 2 weeks before due date up to 2 wks after and still be on time. The sooner you are prepared the better. You guys will have enough to do after the baby comes. you dont want to be running around getting things you need ecspecially you just having had a baby. you need to rest and enjoy your new baby. It is inconsiderate for them to not care that your not ready as it is stressing you out.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 5:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Its normal, my husband was the same way with our first and is like that again and im due october 8th, men dont have "nesting" like women do. It will get done, but he probably doesnt need to treat you that way, just ask him when he expects things to get done when he wont do anything. Its not a big deal if EVERYTHING isnt done yet. My husband asked me to make alist of what we need and he will get it, i know he will do it, when we have money, when he has time, etc....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• oh hun thats normal you will be fine and things will get done it may take w while but dont worry about all that just look forward to haveing that sweet lil baby girl and injoy her shes not goin to be mad at you for not getting things done if you have to get a basinet and put it by your bed untill things get done
    brittanymomma

Answer by brittanymomma at 11:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2009