how many weeks should you wait to take your baby into public?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• all three of mine were out with me days after birth.

#2 was a day old and I had to stop at the store and stuff on the way home from hospital.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• We went out with my son the very next day for pictures and then at a week old to the mall....he never got sick or anything. I plan on doing pretty much the same with my baby due next month.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 4:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My baby will be born on november, and usually that is flue season in my place, so I am not planning to get him out until at least 40 days....
    blessingAH

Answer by blessingAH at 4:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I took mine out 3-4 weeks after but it was only that long because I was recovering from a c-section. I think you just need to be reasonable about where you take your LO and wash your hands a lot!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Emi was... 4 days old I think. Had to go to the doctor. Then the store.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 7:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I waited a month with both...Well not really I had to take them to the dr. like when they were 2 wks old I think. But no where else! Just there and back. My is one of those Mexican women that are really tradition and she said its bad and they can ge the "ojo" also known as the evil eye...If u believe in that
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 4:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2009