How can I tell a daycare parent her child appears delayed.

This child is almost 2 and has no language skills. When I speak to the parent about this child she seem unaffected but the things I see. I just want her to have the checked out before preschool.

rrdsqueen

Asked by rrdsqueen at 4:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You work at the daycare the child goes to? If so then you need to tell her over and over how important this is!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• If you are not educated in that type of Field. To be able to give that sort of professional  opinion. I think you should leave it alone.

Answer by louise2 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I am the childs daycare provider and part of my education is to spot these types of delays and let the psrent s know. I find many parents to in denial. I just want her to have her child checked out by a professional.
    rrdsqueen

Answer by rrdsqueen at 4:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I don't think there's much you can do beside point out your concerns. If you push too hard, the parent may leave and find someone who will ignore it as well. Ofter some help during the day by giving the child more attention if possible. Some kids do just lag a bit or it may take the mother time to adjust. Is it possible the child is delayed do to earlier illness? My daughter didn't speak well until she got tubes put in her ears.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It sounds like you are doing all you can. You can have the Director of the Daycare tell the parent, also. I think it is great that you have pointed out your concerns. I always want to know what is going on when my child is at daycare. I sometimes want MORE information than what the teachers tell me! ha!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 8:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• dont its not your place im sure there aware of the situation with there own child
    ryansmommy07

Answer by ryansmommy07 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2009