Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To stay or not?

I have a bad relationship with my husband. We have tried working on it but nothings changed it changes for a few days then right back to the same thing. He takes care of me and my daughter financially, and he's a great dad! But, he's horrible towards me sometimes. I think about 90% of the time we r not getting along. He says he is miserable and hates me sometimes, and he's not happy. Why should I stay? He is controlling to in that I have to ask permission like a child to go places or plan things. We don't kiss, or make love anymore bcuz i dont want to, im scared to leave that it will be hard and he might even try and fight for full custody of my daughter...but i dont want her seeing that a man should treat her this in need of advice...


Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • sometimes its better to leave and it sounds like in your case it would be the best option if he hates you so much and hes not happy maybe he wont fight you to much on it and you could share custody

    Answer by sami07 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • you should leave him a lil girl should not be seeing this and hearing all the bad things he tells you!!! she's gonna think its okay 4 men to treat her that way when she gets older....
    and you should never be with a guy thats treating you bad just because you have kids together!!
    you should leave him now enless you want to waste your life being unhappy and old.

    Answer by mellyhayes at 4:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • You say MY CHILD? Is your DD not his DD? Of corse it will be hard to leave and do it on your own. But you will be happy.

    Answer by louise2 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  •'s both of ours sorry i didnt mean for it to sound like only mine :( thnx for all the comments so far...

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • Even if he was to try to get full custody of the child. Does not mean the courts will give it to him. I think he would have to find you unfit. And that is hard. Take a chance and leave, with you daughter.

    Answer by louise2 at 5:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2009