Spirituality in marriage

Christians wifes are your hubbys spiritual? I feel disappointment because he is not the leader I longed to have. Please give me advise I'd love to know how you helped your husband or r u the leader?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Maybe some type of sin is keeping him from growing. Pray for him. Let him watch you grow. You may have to set the example for now. ITS the work of the Holy Spirit to work in him not you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I'm spiritually single--for now. I lead my family spiritually and sometimes the burden is great. I see evidence daily that the Lord is bringing hubby around. Continue to pray faithfully, and work on developing a "quiet, gentle spirit" (1 Peter 3:1-6) I'll add your family to my prayer list.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I am very blessed to have a spiritual husband. Before I even met him, I was praying and asking the Lord to give me a man who loved God more than I did. I didn't just want to marry a Christian man; I wanted to marry a man who lived his life completely for the Lord. God answed my prayers and I have been married to a minister for 11 years now : )

Pray for him; prayer is very powerful. Don't give up! Try not to nag him, because it might push him away. Try to encourage him every time he makes an effort. I just prayed for God to work in your lives.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I agree with Cinn. My husband was not the leader in our home. I tend to be a very strong personality and just took over. I found that the more I asked his opinions on spiritual things the more he took initiative.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I was always the leader. I did everything for him. He never cared and took me for granted, so I left.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My husband is the leader in our home and he is an atheist while I am a Christian. We make it work. It just takes open and honest communication with each other. It wasn't always this way and has only been getting better over the years but we wouldn't be where we are now (just had our 11th anniversary) had we not talked to each other and discussed our spiritual differences and come to a compromise that doesn't compromise either of our beliefs. I started backing off. I stopped nagging my husband and belittling him (didn't even realize how much I did that, without even meaning to). I started biting my tongue more (I am STILL working on this one, LOL). I asked for his input more on many things (kids, house, yard, gardens, shopping, etc). He has slowly taken the lead. Some things I still do, at his request, like paying the bills (he has a horrible memory for things like that). I hope things work out for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• We are equals. Spiritually we are tantric. We complete each other and respect each other. It's lovely. I wish I could advise you, but my hubby is buddhist and I'm agnostic/atheist. But i'd agree with cinn. mom and teamquinn. Be the leader for now if you must and set the example. But don't forget his opinons matter too so talk about things. The one thing I was told by a minister was the three C's of marriage Communication Consideration and Compromise. Good luck to you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My husband is the leader in our home and he is an atheist while I am a Christian

This is an honest question for you, anon...not trying to be snarky...how do you square this up with being a Christian? I distinctly remember there being a passage in the Bible about how Christians are not to un-equally yoked...meaning the couple should both be of the same mind, spritually. And if I'm correct, this was given as a reasonable grounds for divorce next to adultery...

What does your church say about this? I'm really just curious how this works...LOL!
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 6:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My husband was not saved and did not care to be for the 1st 10 years of our 34 year marriage.
    I went to church and sometimes I would be permitted to take our daughter. He only had her stay home so I would either not go or I would feel bad when I would go alone.
    He grew up Catholic and hated it. He said that he would never have his children be one.
    And he would not allow our kids to become holy rollers.
    It was hard. A house divided has many problems and they are mostly spiritual problems.
    My prayers were answered because I did not nag him about God. Pretty soon he would go to church on Easter and Christmas. I was happy he would go although I was not into he holiday stuff.
    I started putting oil in his fod, in his shoes, in his pillow case and the PU that he drove. I prayed over him as he slept and I always prayed for his salvation.
    God personally paid him a visit 1 day and he has never went back to who and what was.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 8:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I also allowed my husband to be the head of my home because that is what the Lord wants us to do.
    My obedience to the Lord was honored when I asked Him for a Christian husband. Not another husband...just a saved one. Praying God's will and not my own.
    We can lead someone to Jesus but Jesus is the ONLY HEALER and SAVIOR for our souls.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 8:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2009