2nd marriages

How do you feel about people getting married for the second time and having another huge wedding? I think it is unneccesary, but would like to have a small ceremony with family so my dd can be invovled and see us actually getting married. I kinda feel like wasting money on a second large money is ridiculous....plus I dont want people to feel obligated to buy a gift again just because I chose poorly the 1st time. It is his 2nd marriage too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• this has to be you & your fiances decision just because you made a poor descision the 1st time doesn't mean you should punish your self.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 5:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• if you can do it comfortably fine. I think after going through it all once would hopefully make a person more prudent towards spending a lot for a wedding.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 5:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I'm in my second marriage.
    First time...we got married at town hall by a judge...with only 3 other people there.
    Second time....We got married by a judge..outside...with immediate family there. Approx. a year later we had our Reception. ( I was preggers when we were officially married..that's why the laspse.)
    It was very nice...it's still a joyous occasion....and it's a personal choice. I see nothing wrong with a second wedding...if you can afford go for it.
    How far apart are these marriages..if ya don't mind me asking. Mine were 17 yrs apart
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 5:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It's y'all's decision. This is my first marriage and my fiance's second marriage. It's not that we want a big or small one but we have a lot of people that we want to enjoy the occasion with. He's not a big lavish person anyway but he knows I am so it's not really 'his second wedding' type scenario but the wedding of OUR dreams, you know?
    TheJBug

Answer by TheJBug at 5:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Personal choice. My own personal choice would be, considering that it's the 2nd time for both, AND if both had big ceremonies the first time, I would choose small & intimate.

Then again, I did small & intimate the first time. Next time... VEGAS!!!
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 5:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Well, if I ever get married again (it will be the third time) I do plan to have a big wedding. I've never had one before though. Always went to the Court House. I never even wanted one before. I didn't think that it was necessary (sp?). However, if God is willing to bless me with another husband (a good one, this time) after healing me and helping me deal with my mess I most certainly think that it will be cause for celebration.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I actually agree with you on this. I'm currently going through a divorce and if and when I ever get married again, I will have a wedding but I'll have a destination wedding where only a few close friends and family make the trip.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I say do what makes you happy.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I think it is the couple's personal decision.
    With my first marriage we were married by the JOP because we had no money for a wedding.
    With my second marriage we were married by a Marriage Commissioner, a glorified JOP, but we had a few friends and family in attendance. Unfortunately, I couldn't even afford a dress and we didn't have a reception or anything afterwards either.
    On our 20th wedding anniversary (December 5, 2012) we are renewing our vows and I am planning a small church ceremony for it. I want him in a suit (not tux) and I want a pretty dress (not white). I want flowers, a small reception at a local restaurant, and I want our friends and family to come. I don't want any gifts, I just want to finally have a wedding that I have never had before and I want to share it with those I love - husband included....lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2009