what do you use when your child gets too big for his bathtub

My son just turned 4 months old he is a big boy and has already out grown his bathtub but he can't quite hold his head up on his own so I can't use one of the bathtub seats any ideas as to what I should use or do?

jtierman0480

Asked by jtierman0480 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hop in the bath with him until he's ready for you to stay by the side of the big tub.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 5:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• When I bathe my daughter, I lay her down in the tub and fill it slightly, usually just under her ears. I have to be careful that she doesn't roll over, but she's so into the whole experience that she's too distracted to turn over. I plan on doing that until I can get one of those things you put on the bottom of the tub that keeps you from slipping. It works out pretty well.
    Call-Me-Mommy

Answer by Call-Me-Mommy at 5:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I used a bath seat but padded it with towels and held themup til they could do it themselves.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I use to give my kids a bath in the kitchen sink when they were that young.

Answer by louise2 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• We never used a baby bathtub; we put a thick towel in the tub to lay the baby on.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• How big is your kid? My son is 11 months old and weighs 24 pounds and he still fits in his tub. This is his tub http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5172339

Maybe it will work for you as well. Good Luck!
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 6:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• my son either bathes wtih daddy or we fill the tub up with minimal water. and sit him up in it.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• at first i would take a bath with her when she grew out of her bath tub but now that she can sit up we put a wash cloth down and she sit in the tub herself. try bathing with her...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My daughter has been taking baths in the big tub since she was about 2.5 months old. Go to target, babies-r-us, or walmart and get a large bath sponge. My daughter uses it and it has been great. You can get one for usually under 4 dollars. Plus, when your baby is starting to sit, they can sit on the sponge and they do not slip.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2009