Braxton hicks...

about how often did you have braxton hicks contractions in your 3rd trimester? i had some when i was about 23-27wks, but i'm 31 wks now and i haven't had them in a while. i'm kinda worried about it, i go to the doc 8/25, i just want to know if i should tell my doc. this is my first baby so i don't know what to expect.

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had them about every five minutes for the last two months of my pregnancy... But what they are is just your body conditioning itself to be ready to push out your baby. So if you aren't having them, you might be "conditioned" already, or you might even still be having them but don't feel them (this is probably most likely). I wouldn't worry about it - but I do understand, because I went in to my doc three times because of having them so often. They are weird little anomalies.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 5:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• braxton hicks are nothing to worry about whether you have them or not. dont be dramatic
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I think I remember having BH contractions twice in my whole pregnancy with my daughter. It's nothing to worry about. The doctor will be more concerned if you have contractions than if you don't.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2009