How long does a clogged tear duct last?

DragonRiderMD

Asked by DragonRiderMD at 5:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• depends if its causing eye infections you need medication - you need to work them out if they are immature like my son's were. but my son's strengthened within a couple months
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My son is almost 9 months and still has a clogged tear duct. We've tried massaging, drops and everything, but nothing has worked. We will be going to the doctor to have a procedure done on it September 18 if it hasn't cleared up. :( His eye doctor told us that 90% of clogged tear ducts clear up by 10 months though!
    akdownard

Answer by akdownard at 5:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My daughter had it too she had to have surgery on it when she was 11 months we tried massaging and drops never helped.
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• my so has it....he had one surgery when he was 15 months old and it never worked and im not goingto put him through it again so i wanted to wait unil he as around 3 to do it again if it doesnt clear up by then which is 11 months away....bst of luck
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2009