Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can a man see his child and not even acknowlege him???

Today I had court to get the results of a paternity test my son's father ordered throught the court. He showed up at court with his mother and girlfriend. His mother came over and spoke to me and held the baby. Meanwhile while his mother is speaking to me he calls his mother to come back to where him and the girlfriend are sitting. To make a long story short our case is called even after he gets the results of the test. He came out the court room and still did not acknowlege his child. What kind of human being does this????

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (14)
  • Wow. Sad for all involved. I feel so sorry for the child's grandmother, too, she obviously loves the child.

    Something that occurs to me, perhaps wrongly, is that his girlfriend is observing his behavior, and it can't be making a good impression on her either.

    Answer by Bmat at 6:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • Some people just dont want to be parents, on the other hand he was avioding the baby hoping it was not his, now that it is, he may come around...some men do, some dont. I hope for the baby he does man up and is the father your baby should have, sounds like his mother is wanting to have something to do with her grandchild and it might be a good idea, but you know them. That would be your call. I am sorry that happened but you really never know how people will react.

    Answer by midnightmoma at 6:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • one who doesn't have a heart

    Answer by mandielynn23 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • Well I got the impression she doesn't care weather he see his son or not. Any decent women would of told him to aleast acknowlege his baby.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • Sounds like he was expecting a different verdict on the test. Weather he want to be in the childs life or not. Get childsupport from him anywasy.

    Answer by louise2 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • File for child support, and work on building a great life for you and your child.

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • I have already filed for child support.My baby is 13 months and he has not attempted to do anything. He even went far as to block my number out from calling him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • this happened to my SO. back then they didn't have dna tests. His adopted brother was 12 when he was born,mom was 42. his dad left her when he(SO) was a baby and would still pick up their adopted son for visits. his mom died of cancer when he was 9, and his brother became his legal guardian(on paper-he was military). grandmother raised him, father has still not acknoleged him. he is now 26 w/a son of his own.

    Answer by ranedare at 6:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • My son's father was the same way. He never met him and support was taken from his check. My son is now 21 and is OK with it. He knows it was his father that had the problem and it had nothing to do with him (or me).


    Answer by GailllAZ at 6:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • I also found some stuff out about his past. He was very upset...this what ended our relationship..Once I found out what he had been charged with he had to go.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.