Scabies treatment.. any help will be appreciated.

I'm having a really hard time getting rid of them , please help !

momma1974

Asked by momma1974 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I am sure you have Rx for Kwell cream or lotion or an alternative medication. Even after successful tx, itching may continue for about a week. Cool baths and calamine lotion will help the itching. To prevent reinfection wash bed linen and pj's (wash everything). Anything that can't be washed, eg., sleeping bags or blankets, can be put aside in bags for 4 days, since the mite can't live away from the human body that long. The main complication with scabies is impetigo, or infected sores, due to the child's intense scratching. If any of the sores look weepy or have pus, they are probably infected and antibiotics will be needed.~~NP-C.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Did you go to the Dr. I remember when my DD had them, we had a cream to put on them until they went away, but that was a really long time ago, so I dont remember the details.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Scabies is highly contagious. Make sure all bedding and clothes are cleaned too. If the meds aren't working, tell the doctor and get something else.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• iknow scabies are a form of lice, and the best thing to kill lice is actually listerine (Sp?) so i would say use that, you do have to strip all bedding and soft materials, maybe get carpets prof. cleaned, i would just do a day of detox for your house, i am sorry that must be soo terrible!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I had scabies awhile ago. Luckily no one in the house caught it from me. Wash all bedding in hot water and run through a hot dryer. Your doctor can prescribe a lotion that you use at night, leave on and wash off the next morning. And you do it again a week later.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2009