The very inside part of my dd's vagina is pretty red...what could that mean?

She is holding herself some, but not a lot.

I dont think its a UTI but who knows.

I know its pink inside...but how pink.....stupid question I guess, but is it normal for it to be red red?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Kids' Health

• How old is she?

It could be from bubble bath, soap, other products, or certain brands of toilet paper or diapers.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 6:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• She is 4 and potty trained...

She does have ecxema so I use Dove sensitive skin...no scent.

I dont ever use bubble bath...

Could it be from not wiping herself well enough?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yes it could be from wiping to hard or not wiping enough, urine will irritate the skin that is very delicate.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• If your DD is still wearing a diaper it is most likely a yeast infection. You will need to have the doctor see her and make the finally decision. A prescription anti-fungal will be needed if it is a yeast infection. If DD is out of diapers, she may have a UTI, Strep A infection, or is wiping too hard causing slight trauma to the tissues. It's best to get her to the doctor for all of these issues.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 6:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It could be from bubble bath, laundry soap, not wiping herself properly (or someone not wiping her properly). It could be an infection. Take her to the doctor and find out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My 2 year old gets the same thing. She's really rough when she wipes so we're working on being gentle and I use some aquaphor. It's helped a lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• maybe try getting her the can-do wipes that are flushable and then you could rule out the toilet paper possibility... i mean honestly when i first read the question my response was moletation... is that at all possible??? i really hope not but if it is red?????
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2009