Favorite Crock Pot Recipe

I am making stuffed peppers and I am hoping they turn out really well. I think I have used the slow cooker for the last four nights for dinner so I was wondering what were some others favorite recipes? I think mine is hasbrowns but I am always looking for new ones to try.

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 6:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Mediterranean Vegetable Stew with Poached Eggs
    1 medium onion, halved, thinly sliced
    1 medium green bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
    2 garlic cloves, bruised
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 large vine ripened tomatoes, cored, coarsely chunked
    1 bay leaf
    1 medium eggplant, peeled, cut in 1/2-inch dice
    2 small zucchini, cut in 1/4-inch thick rounds
    1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon fresh
    1 1/4 teaspoons salt
    2 cups canned crushed tomatoes in puree
    1 teaspoon sugar
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    4 large eggs, at room temperature
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese or grated Parmesan cheese, (I use goat cheese)
    Layer onion, pepper and garlic in a 4 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, in order listed, up to and including canned crushed tomatoes.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 6:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I cook roasts in mine. I use the juice fron the roast for gravy on baked potatoes

Answer by louise2 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i put a chicken in there with some italian dressing (a whole bottle) and let it cook all day. it is so good...its all gone that night!
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high setting for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.About 20 minutes before serving, spoon a little of the cooking liquid into a small bowl. Add tomato paste and stir well to smooth. Stir back into stew. Break the eggs into 4 small ramekins or custard cups. Using the back of a ladle, make 4 shallow depressions on top of the stew. Slide an egg into each one. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes more, until the eggs are done to your liking. Serve some of the stew with an egg on top, garnished with the parsley and cheese, if desired. Serves 4.
    I serve this with brown rice, salad; and a nice crispy Greek bread from the produce market.

• Cheeseburger soup has been the tastiest meal I have made in the crock, horribly unhealthy but tasty :)

1lb hamburger

16oz velveeta

4 cps chicken broth

1 cp milk

1/2 small onion finely minced

2 cloves of garlic

2-4 potatoes diced

1 red bell pepper diced

Brown hamburger with the onion and garlic. Add hamburger mixture, potatoes, bell peppers and broth to the crock pot and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. during the last half hour(30 min) stir in the milk and velveeta.

Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 2:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2009