Dishwasher soap

I ran out of dishwasher soap dose anyone know what else I could use?? I so need to wash them tonight and dont feel like going to the store, I know Im being lazy. Thank you for any help

my4kids97

Asked by my4kids97 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I was in a bind once and used a dab of laundry detergent and was just sure to rinse them super well. I did a google search and saw it suggested somewhere else. It did the trick and my dishes didn't smell like laundry soap or anything like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Oh BTW, that was for washing them by hand, as far as I saw nobody had suggestions for a dishwasher.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• laundry detergent will do for once. dont substitute anything for the dishwasher, could cause a mess and end up costly!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I second the laundry soap.. but just a small amount and rinse them twice afterwards. I've done that a time or two when I have ran out of dish soap and hadn't been able to get right to the store to get some and it was fine. But that's only by hand, don't use it in the dishwasher
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• baking soda might work?
    vintagesnow

Answer by vintagesnow at 9:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Baking soda will work in the dishwasher.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:27 AM on Aug. 20, 2009