I need a substitute for a diet.

I really can't stand the taste of fish and most seafood. Is there a better alternative when wanting to lose weight?

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Tofu is a great fish replacer. I have an awesome recipe for baked "tofu" fish sticks.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• portion control, cut out white carbs like white potatoes, white bread, white rice... find healthy snacks instead of keeping chips and cookies in the house. fruit and nuts can be very satisfying. I feel like i don't have to portion control apples, grapes, walnuts, almonds... I don't try to skip dessert b/c that makes me sad... stick with dark chocolate though. Tofu's a good idea. If you do these things you should be able to eat chicken and red meat, just try to stick to around 4 oz/serving, fill up on a sweet potato or salad before you get to your meat. chew it slowly and savor it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• also stuff as simple as yoga/stretcing can help you lose weight, I don't konw how, but it is proven to!
    vintagesnow

Answer by vintagesnow at 9:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• cut out meat and dairy all day. The for your last meal have something healthy and have dairy/meat if you wish in that meal.

Eat lots of fruit and as much as you desire before each meal.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Theres a group here on Cafemom called " Daily Nutritional Tips" you should check out. Not only are there tips, there are forums with a weight loss challenge, exercise plans/programs, & diet plans/programs.

What do you have to lose? There is LOTS of information there!

Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2009