How do you prepare for a bible study?

Its 7 of us but it varies at times how should I prepare daily or weekly? What should the studt be like pray read ? Is there a family bible study guide/book with questions afterwards?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Every body does it different.
    I have been to Bible Studies where they come and study 1 subject until it is thoroughly studied.
    Where there are work sheets etc.
    I have gone to Bible Std. where there is a laid back questions and answers taking notes and just talking.
    I have had both kinds in my own home.
    One thing that I would suggest though is have the study for no more than 45 minutes. Allow the rest of the time for prayer and visiting...good fellowship.
    At that time then have the coffee and cookies. Not during the study.
    At your first 2 meetings make it a social call and ask what the women want to happen in their Bible Study. Then at the end of the 2nd one ask them to come to an agreement on the subjects and ways to have the meetings.
    Have tablets and pens for note taking and stress that if someone has a question to address it at the last 10 minutes of the study. It is satan's plan to cause confusion /stray from topic
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 8:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I actually meant for my own hubby and kids not outside.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• So are you the leader? How often do you plan to meet? What is the make up of the group? There is a Bible out that has a whole bunch of studies built right into the Bible. It is called the Serandipity study Bible. You could follow those studies.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• However the Lord leads. Ask the Lord what He wants you to learn! Sometimes its things going on in your family or the world /
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Why not base it on the weekly Parshah?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Oh.
    Well do it the same way.
    Have your husband read the passage that everyone wants to study.
    When we did certain scripture and studies we did things that related like having beans when Esau and Jacob was studied.
    We did the Noah and the ark with having ivory soap made into arks for the smaller kids and made it a family thing.
    I made fry bread with honey for after the manna event and also the story of Samson and the honey.
    Be creative. They will look forward to the next one.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 8:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• We sang hymns also.
    bloodbought