5 month old?

My 5 month old has her first tooth breaking though and she is very fussy. But the past 2 days she has be coughing and gagging to the point where she will throw up.

Are these two things connected?
If not any clue what it is?

sopheeahsmommy

Asked by sopheeahsmommy at 7:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a regular small cough can be attributed to teething because of the excess saliva. And I know that my DD tends to put her fingers in her mouth and can choke but she never throws up. That sounds a bit excessive. Try some teething gel and something cool on her gums to see if that will help
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 10:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I would say no. unless the extra saliva shes creating is causing her to choke...fussyness is related to teething though....if the caugh persist i would take her to the doc, and keep an eye on the fever!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yes. Teething can cause a stuffy/runny nose. The mucus drainage+extra saliva causes coughing, sometimes to the point of sickness. :/ if you're unsure check with your doctor, but my DD is going through this right now too(except she has 8 teeth and is older)
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 7:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Is she putting her fingers in her mouth to cause her to gag? My 2 month old does that sometimes...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2009