Are there any Christians on here that have ever (seriously) backslidden, but somehow managed to find their way back to God?

That's where I am right now. I'm not where I should be by any means, although I want to be. This question is for those that have been where I am. I'm posting anon because I do not want to be judged, but if this is you, I would love to meet you so I will be more than happy to send you a PM. I know that I'm not the only one that's ever been here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh honey you are singing my song...feel free to msg me and you can add me. I will be on and off tonight so if I don't get right to you thats why...

Jeremiah 32:27
    Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I did sister for a season. Send me a message
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 7:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• If any woman says that they have never back- slid according to man's thoughts on the subject then I will have to be accused of calling them lies being spoken.
    All of us in some time or another have stepped back wards. It is human and we are flesh. We have the mind of mortals and we sin even without trying.
    Sure the women and men of God that grow up in the church and take over their daddy's pulpit think that they never do....the truth is...we all have and we all do.
    Yes, I back slid and big time.
    It ruined my witness for the Lord. I was miserable and felt dirty before My God.
    Then I listened to my soul and came back to my Lord and senses.
    Nothing and no one can snatch us from His loving hands. As Believers we need to repent iven if we feel that we are all safe and secure. We are no less sinners than them that are in the world.
    He loves you, He died for you, He is waiting for us to come back when we walk away.
    Your God.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 7:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yes I have and the return was glorious! Here is a poem I wrote after my return: http://www.poetry.jennifershannon.net/2006/renewed.htm

There are tons more :-) I do not have my newest ones up, its rather time consuming !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yes big time, but am on my way back and am not where I wanna be by any means, I wanna be in heaven lol. Feel free to pm me God bless you!
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 8:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I think backsliding is the human mind attempting to take back control of your life. THere is a struggle, and lots of guilt, as you are torn between trusting something you've never seen with your own eyes with your entire life, and keeping your life for yourself. I have been there. I came out the other side. I wont say what my solution was.. but I hope you find peace and fight the guilt, b/c God never wants you to feel guilty, and its not productive. You didn't say anything about feeling guilt, sorry if i'm assuming... I know I spent most of my life carrying it around and it sucked!
    vintagesnow

Answer by vintagesnow at 8:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yes i have when i was a young teenager about 8 yrs ago.. I went hard for the Lord.. I wanted to go to church everyday and i would preach at school and everything LOL.. But when I got out of school i backslide and went into alot of things that i shouldnt have but God still had his hand on me.. I could have been died but God made me live for where i am at today.. I have been back with the Lord for about 3 yrs now Praise GOd and I will never leave him again I know alot more today then i knew back then and I thank God for everything.. We are not perfect we all sin.. We just have to ask the Lord to help us out ... If you need anyone to talk to please send me a message i can tell you more about me....GOD BLESS AND I LOVE YOU AND GOD LOVES YOU MORE
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Been there, done that. Sounds like the story of my life. If you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me. Good luck and God Bless.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yes.
    Go back to church, find support, read an inspirational book, say a prayer, count your blessings, realize that even if you forgot God he has never forgotten you.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My husband has, I would most definately say. And your welcome to pm me if you want. I am not sure what to tell you in regards to me, cause I am not sure what you mean in regards to serious backslidding. I guess I might have when I was about 19. Feel free to pm me if you want, I won't judge you. My sister, is kind of going through something right now, don't want to say, cause I don't want to get bashed, but yeah.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2009