am I the only person on the planet who does not like dogs?

there is so much dog worship around it drives me insane.Ive seen people here on cafemom say they love their dogs the SAME as the love their children to me that is insane. I dont hate dogs and I would never hurt one or condone someone hurting one.IM jsut tired of people who act like im evil because i dontl ike dogs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pets

• I have a dog and I don't really like them. Slobbery, annoying, kind of dirty... my hubby loves her though.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I LOVE dogs!! I want one so bad, but we have to wait. I know many people who dont' care for them, though. People really think you are EVIL for not being a dog lover? That's just weird.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 7:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I know...some times I think people love dogs because they are so easy-all you have to do is give them food and they do what you want. And they don't talk back. You don't have to understand them. Just a treat or a chewy bone and they are happy. Human beings are more complicated and more work and you can't train them. LOL. But human beings-babies-are so much more fulfilling and worthwhile. I knew I would do anything to have children but dogs? I can take them or leave them. LOL. So, you are not alone.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I didn't like dogs. I got one for my kids and the dog loved me. I fell in like back. Then I fell in love at first sight with Bo who was with me for 10 years. He died 2 years ago and I am still sad. I have 2 dogs now. They are OK but they are not Bo. For me it depends on the dog. I am a cat person.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 7:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Are you a cat lady? You sound like a cat lady. I'm a dog person...I love ALL animals! I have 2 dogs..I don't love them as much as I love my kids but I love them more than I love other people!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I'm a dog lover through and through. My dogs, before I had my son, were my children. I raised them, I watched them being put down because they were being poisoned from a tarantula bite. When I get more dogs, they will be a part of my family. My family is full of animal lovers and we will always consider the animals in our lives a huge part of our family. Sure, they bark, they whine, they pee and poop... Guess what, they grow out of that. My dogs were happy being with me or being alone. When I get more dogs, they will be cared for like they are my children because they deserve the best treatment I can give. Love it or hate it, my dogs are part of my family.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 8:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• By the way, of course, I don't love them more than my own child but that doesn't stop me from loving them as if they were my own.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 8:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I am an animal lover. I love dogs, but living with one in the house...I don't think I could stand it. Dogs annoy me after awhile, the high strung ones would make me a nutcase. Easy going types of dogs are way more tolerable for me. I've been a cat person all my life. Me and cats have more in common.

I agree about people going overboard with pet stuff. You see it particularly with those little bitty dogs. The clothes, jewelry the luxury pet hotels, and those things are just ridiculous. A dog wants food, a dog wants shelter and a dog wants love above all. Why are people forcing them to be human?
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I love dogs, but would never choose one over my child. I think it is ridiculous when a child doesn't get to go to a Doctor regularly but the dog does, or the family goes into debt to pay a 5,000 dollar vet bill. That is irresponsible in my opinion. (Yes I do know people who do this). I think dogs do deserve proper care, but if you can't provide it without taking away from your human family than it is not fair to the dog or family to have one. I remember being bit as a child. My father was so concerned that the dog would be put down that I received no medical attention and was unable to use some of my fingers for years. The dog was not vaccinated either. He was more concerned for an animal than for my own welfare. It angers me to think about it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I think its insane to call someone evil because they dont like dogs. I also think its insane for someone to say they love their dogs more than they do their own children, I mean seriously? Never heard of anyone saying that or at least admitting to it in public.
    I love dogs with a passion, I have such a warm spot for them but if I had to choose my dogs or my unborn child I would clearly choose my child.
    As for what lindalu said.. You are completely wrong... It isnt that easy at all. Training a puppy is a lot of work, which is why people have such a hard time and eventually end up throwing them in shelters.. thousands of dogs are killed every year because they dont have homes and shelters are over crowded. Having a dog isnt only about feeding, watering and walking.. It takes a lot of work and a lot of responsibility. Most dog owners will tell you that having a dog is sometimes more complicated than having a child.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 11:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2009