Why are we always nit picking each other??

This really gets me going. We spend more time nitpicking over the dumbest things, like how we would like welfare ran, or how we would like wic, to run things for those who are on it.

so instead of nit picking those who are on these programs and bitching about how they are ran, why dont we feel thankful that we have these programs to help those in need?

There are tons of country's that dont have these programs and women, children, and men are dying every day from things that could have been helped!!

so what do you think this nation should do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• These are real stories:
    Client A was about 350 lbs and had been on the system for 18 years! Even though the feds say your only allowed to have 5 yrs in a lifetime. We're talking full grant - the federal government paid her rent, all utilities, fixed her car, put gas in it, bought her clothes, paid for all her healthcare and even gave her cash to buy cigarettes. She had found the loophole - she went from doctor to doctor - once a year having a doctor certify her as morbidly obese so that she could obtain an "exception" and not have to work.
    Client B worked two jobs and received only partial services. Her son had an accident and was brain dead. The federal government program I worked for , not only cut her services, but penalized her for missing a week of work - saying she had to pay back all benefits for the prior 3 months
    I was outraged at the audacity of the loopholes. I'm still outraged and I want it fixed not expanded.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i think the nation should remember how bad life was before we had these very necessary programs
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Instead of being thankful to the government, I am thankful to all of those non-profit charities and even churches (even though I don't attend one myself) that also help those in need by providing a roof over the heads of needy families and food to put on their tables. There are plenty of people and organizations to thank.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2009