need relationship advice

ok so my me and my boyfrind just broke up and he's talkin to another girl... just so happen the girl gets hired at my job. this is my son's father.. i still havent gotten over the break up and i still love him and on top of that i have to look at this girl everyday and work with her.. i know when she starts work next week im automatically gonna have some animosity towards her... sum people say i should be a bitch to her and some say be professional and dont be her friend but dont stoop to that level.. how would u handle this??p.s this is not his girl friend they just exchanged numbers and talk on the phone. but in the future she could become his girlfriend... and should i try to get him back and compete with her or let it go??what do i do? HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• On the job you should be professional. You don't have to be buddies with her, but treat her as you would any other colleague.

Answer by Bmat at 8:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• kill her with kindness...it's always fun!
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Just be professional! Be nice to her, help her if she needs help!
    I know that is probably really hard to do but it's not the girls fault that you and your ex are not together anymore!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 8:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I"m sure someone will tell her he's your x and she'll get the picture. However, don't push them together. They may just be friends and not going anywhere. Don't make him get angry and run from you. Stay cool. It will work itself out but yes make him want to come back to you. Have confidence in yourself so there is no need to get into anything with her. Believe in what you had with him and that should be enough to bring him back so you can have an opportunity to show him you are handling it maturely. Men like confident women.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I think you need to be professional at work and outside of work you can be whoever you want to be with her. Why would you want to be back this guy he is talking with another women already so just do your job and make a good living for you and your son. That is who matters in this picture your SON not her or your EX.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Don't do anything. It's not her fault... She just happened to meet him. Why do you have to mean or fake and play nice? She isn't at fault in any way shape or form. If you are afraid you're going to be unfair towards her, then don't say anything but don't be rude. Don't be fake either.
    TheJBug

Answer by TheJBug at 8:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I agree with crazy pink all the way, I wouldn't try and compete with her for him, just be yourself, if you are ment to be you will end up together, good luck and God Bless
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Be professional. Let him go. If they get together with them the best. Get support for your child.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 8:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• First nothing has even happened besides an exchange of numbers. Second you have no right to treat her like shit or blaim her for liking your ex. He is your ex and it's not like she works with you right now to even know this. I also think that you need to think of your son and not everything else around you. If your ex does not want a relationship with you then maybe it's time to let go and move forward. Also think of how it will be for your son if you start something with this woman then she gets with your sons father and bam you two have problems and your son is the one hurt by the anger. Also you shouldn't COMPETE for someone who doesn't want to be with you. And she probably isn't here for competition. Just be a woman and let it go.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I guess this would be the one I was rude on.> I got an email that said I was rude and someone gave me a prayer to help me. I do not think that I was being rude when I wrote this comment above. I was speaking honestly, I didn't mean to offend the lady asking the question. But why sugar coat anything for anyone. I honestly wasn't intending this to be as rude as I guess I was. I am not a rude person, I answer questions honestly and expect for my questions to be answered honestly. I am not at all bashing the woman who asked this question. Sorry for hurting anyone & making people think that I am some rude person giving answers.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2009