Why DO you recieve public assistance ?

I do because I have so many medical things going on and simply cannot afford medical. I didnt get it when I was pregnant which I should of or else I wouldnt be in the debt that I am, even though I had private medical, it didnt cover what I needed. I do not get food stamps, cash, day care or anything else you may be able to get. I really dont know what is available

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was on it once. I had a devastating life situation happen and a month later I found out I was pregnant. I worked until I started showing. My boss called me in and straight out told me I was a liability - I was too young and dumb to know I could sue his ass. Anyhow, there I was in a town of less than 5000 people - I literally could not get another job and had to take public assistance until I could go back to work. Which was after the baby was born - then he was born VERY sick and I had to rely on the system to help me save his life. BUT I was cut from the system before I could return to work. My baby was still covered medically. But the (then) AFDC was cut. My baby had to be sent 200 miles away to a childrens hospital - but I couldn't go with him because if I quit my job - they would take his medical coverage. So I spent about 8 months on some kind of PA. Now, I've worked for a PA system - so I know both sides.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• You have to be the troll that has been on most of the day maybe you should find something else to do then ask this PA, FS questions. Ya we are on to you already.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• You know what? It's nobody's business why anyone else receives this or that. I am really tired of these questions.

More importantly, you shouldn't feel any need to explain yourself and your situation to us. And this is the Just for Fun section....................................why don't you tell us a joke or about how your baby had a shitsplosion and it sprayed on hubby's face.....................something FUNNY PLEASE!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• SO works I go to school we have 2 kids 1 on the way. I get food stamps ,daycare, wic, and medical. Once I'm done with school we wont need it anymore!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yay for anon who answered the actual question. Everyone wants to bash those who get PA but no one knows the real reason. And besides, if someone can ask why DONT you get it, then why can't I ask why DO you get it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2009