Why did the press cover Cindy S. when she was protesting George Bush?

yet now they are strangely silent when she is protesting Obama ?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/What-happen...

This is my take
She already served her purpose,she is one of the 'useful idiots'.The anti-war movement was nothing but an anti-Bush-anything-does movement.Nothing more.The war protests disappeared as soon as somebody got in office.These guys do not care about the war or anything Bush did.They only to remove non-progressives from office and impose their ideas,nothing more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am sure because they will be given 20 lashes if they speak out against their master in chief.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I did not care for Cindy even when she was protesting W, though he richly deserved it. Her son volunteered. She didn't protest when the kid was doing well in the military - only when he died. At the risk of sounding shitty - that is a risk one takes when one signs up for the military while your country is at war.

So I think her protests are a way for her grief, which, while it must be heartbreaking and overwhelming, is misplaced. Her son was killed based on his decision to joint the military. He full well knew, even if he thought W was an ass for dumping us in Iraq, that flying bullets meant potential injury or death.

However, I am glad to hear she is equal op in her protests. I think she is wrong, but at least she is consistant.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 8:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I am wondering when all the Anti War protesters are going to start coming out again since oh "great Obamanation" has requested MORE troops sent to Afghanistan! I bet they won't though cause the Obaminator can do no wrong!

How are you liking my Obama puns?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Well...there's the fact that the protest of Obama hasn't HAPPENED yet....that will be in Martha's Vineyard next week.

I know I would cover it. It's a hell of a great story.

BTW, your link didn't work.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• When her son died, all Cindy Sheehan wanted to know was what cause her son was fighting when he died. there still is not an answer. I don't know what media you read / listen to, but I hear Howard Dean, Lynn Woolsey, Cindy Sheehan and pleny of other progressives all over the administration.

Here are some great places to listen to progressive media:

www.theyoungturks.com

http://green960.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=randirhodes.xml

Answer by rkoloms at 8:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• What exactly is the platform of the modern Progressive?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• "I am wondering when all the Anti War protesters are going to start coming out again since oh "great Obamanation" has requested MORE troops sent to Afghanistan!"

The point a lot of the protestors made was that Iraq was the wrong theater of war. Osama Bin Laden wasn't there, and Saddam Hussein, as nasty as he was, wasn't a real threat to this country.

Meantime...Osama is still out there. And we're STILL in the wrong theater...he's believed to be in Pakistan.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I am wondering when all the Anti War protesters are going to start coming out again since oh "great Obamanation" has requested MORE troops sent to Afghanistan!
    _______________
    A lot of people protested the war in Iraq because there was no good reason, especially after there were no WMD found, Obama has always said he would put more troops in Afghanistan, which many people believe is worthwhile since they are fighting people that are actually a threat to this country. There were no terrorists in Iraq until well after the war started. But anyways, I see anti-war protesters almost every day, they are pushing for quicker withdrawal of troops in Iraq and no escalation in Afghanistan.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• gdia - that has been my problem all along. The Downing St memo (talk about cover up and burying) shows that Iraq was on W's radar before 9/11. 9/11 gave him a "reason". I have no prob with Afghanistan. They were the people that housed OBL, that still do so today, and they (the Taliban leadership) reap what they sow when they proudly harbor a mass murderer like OBL.

I think Cindy's wanting to know what her son died for, while I can understand, is overbearing. Did he die in what *I* feel was a pointless front in our "war on terror"? Yes, and I would be pissed also. But - he joined the military, and he agreed to fight for his country. That is the reason he died - he was fighting for his country. He was supporting the US. Did our CIC send him to the wrong place? IMPO, yes. We should have never been in Iraq. BUT - he agreed to support the US, and he did so with the ultimate sacrifice. That is a risk he accepted.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 9:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I pity the woman more than anything. She was a convenient shill, the left exploited her grief for every penny they could get, and then once they were done with her they threw her away like a dust rag. There she landed with her head filled with delusions of grandeur and nobody left but psychos like Code Pink to take her seriously. By the time they turned on her she was already starting to question assorted key players on the left, so there was no way they'd let her out with her dignity or credibility intact.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:20 PM on Aug. 19, 2009