Threatened businesses?

Ludwig Von Mises account of the prewar II in German and how businesses were threatened and laws were passed to take control of the businesses is eerily like what we have seen here in the USA in the last 8 months.

One thing Mises points out that I have believed is there is not a nickels worth of difference between a Nazi, or a Communist.

http://mises.org/story/47

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• And what are you trying to tell us???
    Do you know anything what happened in Germany during Hitler??? Or did you just read that one article?
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 8:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yes the Natzi party was the National Socialist Party, so naturally they socialized businesses.

While I wouldn't go so far as to assume that all socialists are genocidal like the Nazi's were, I do agree that it takes away from the freedom of the people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Go do your homework on german history before you post things like this!

Talking about socialism: google "DDR" (deutsche demokratische Republik) that's now east germany and you know how a country looks and ends up under Socialism! Trust me, there's a big difference between that and the United States with Obama as president!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 8:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• He is a economic genius. The US could learn from him. Austrian economic model.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Talking about socialism: google "DDR" (deutsche demokratische Republik) that's now east germany and you know how a country looks and ends up under Socialism!

If you're so brilliant why don't you know that there is no such thing as East Germany anymore? Germany has been unified for nearly 20 years now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I am German and I know that DDR doesn't exist anymore for the last 20 years! But east germany is still the east of germany, like south germany is the south of germany and so on...

For example, the east coast is part of the United States, but the US is a big country so if I live in Baltimore I live on the eastcoast...
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 9:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• LOL that was awesome, CrazyPink.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 9:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2009