Am I going to hell for refusing to tolerate this government garbage? not likely

OK this is for them that believe that God will some how strike me dead because I refuse to accept all this garbage going on in the White House and this government body.

Can you show me any where in God's Word that tells us that we will go to hell for refusing a God-less government and a man that shows no sign of being this country's government?

Why am I asking?
Because many Christians have been pulled in to believing that we are to follow the God-less men and women of this age.

Do I believe that God will grab me, shake the snot out of me and then condemn me into hell for coming against a heathenish government?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 8:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anon. 9:29 AM
    Sorry you are wrong. As much as you would like to see me go there; it ain't gonna happen.
    Here is why.....
    "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us." (Rom. 8:35-37)
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 6:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• The Bible commands us to show respect to OUR government & its leaders. However showing respect, honor, yet being outspoken about morally wrongs within our gov't and/or its officials is also commanded. Did not Peter disobey his orders to not preach the gospel? Did Daniel not respectfully disobey the king's orders to pray to no one but him for thirty days? Did Shadrach,Meshach, & Abednego not respectfully disobey bowing down to the king when commanded?
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 8:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• The points to highlight here is that all these men knowingly disobeyed, yet did so in humility and trusting God for the outcome. Prison, fire, etc., often awaited their civil disobedience, but they bore it w/ continued humility and thanksgiving. Sometimes they were delivered from their punishment, sometimes not, but accepted their fate willingly, as acts of obedience to their God.
    Down through the ages, Christians have disobeyed their governments when forced to choose between obeying man or God. And it continues today. Check out the websites about modern day Christian martyrs, and you will find many stories of those who choose to suffer for their faith.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 9:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I'm in more agreement with Jefferson, that our freedoms FROM government are derived from our creator.

I do feel that, as a Christian, I should follow the laws of the land, but I can make a ruckus and call my representatives and be plenty loud of my dissenting opinion of politics and bills all day long.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Am I going to hell for refusing to tolerate this government garbage?

That probably won't fit on the list
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• You and I both know that you're safe from any attack from your imaginary friend. Your little hissy fit is all your responsibility--not god's.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Were you in such an outrage from 2000-2008?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• but even Jesus could not perform miracles in the sight of unbelief.

Doesn't say much for him and his phenomenal cosmic powers, does it now?
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 9:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• OMG why does it always have to fall back to Bush....
    orkibe3

Answer by orkibe3 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• The only reason that someone will go hell is if once they heard about Jesus and what he did for them and they didn't care . The person who doesn't care about Jesus blood or doesn't want anything with Him that person will go hell because no of his/her sins but because didn't care and choose his/her own path, God won't force anyone and He will leave you alone if that is what you want but He will leave you alone for eternity.
    Nobody is going hell because the government is god-less but a government that trust God will follow a right path acording to God and no man.
    We all have the right to speak out about decisions that will be affecting our lives on one way or other.
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2009