And to think we are all mothers...

I dont think I have ever been somewhere or met anyone in real like who fight like the women on here. I know that some women are natually catty and some just have their bad days but come on, is this what we are teaching our children? To believe that our view is the only view? Would it be better if someone could ask a question and have everyone share their view but not be attack because it might not be the same as your own? I have seen alot of women on here say "I am a better mother then you because....." Do you honestly think that putting someone down makes you a better person? Now you might see it different but thats just as bad as someone who gives their child a piece of candy as bribery(sp??). You might see that horribly wrong or them as a "bad mother" but is what you do really any better.... Do you guys get my point? This goes for ALL topics. Not just the one pointed out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I agree, when I first had my DD I would get a little frustrated because my SO was working out of town all week and I had no help. My mom gave me a card that said " mommy, we are both learning and this will take time" I love you, Danika. So from that point on I try to thnk back to when I would get frustrated and think to myself- this is new for both of us, what might be hard now wont be when we get the hang of it. And I think that goes for all mothers, you dont walk into motherhood being "perfect", you learn as you go. And the things you said you would do before the baby came might change. Unfortunately, some mothers think that they know everything and wont admit that they too are learning. Maybe they will realize it one day :-D
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Totally get your point. But not all moms are that way on here. If they were, I wouldnt still be on here
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I am in TOTAL agreement with you. There are many different parenting styles out there and i respect everyoes, unless it is hurting the child emotionally or physically. I try to do the very best job i can at everything i do in life, but i am by no means perfect!! I try to take the bashing with a grain of salt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i agree but i must be a bad mom bc i do give my brive my child with candy i know its a horrible thing to do but that doesnt happen often but somedays i want to be left alone and even tho daddys in the other room she wont leave me alone. i think everyone should speak how they feel and not be attacked for it. NO ONE IS BETTER THEN ANYONE ELSE, you just do things differently and if your way works for you dont mean your way will work for me. I dont think that most of the moms on here are the way they potray themselves on on here i think they want to make themselves sound better and give themselves a lil ego boost, but hey whatever floats ur boat
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• ggiovanni, I wasnt implying that you were a bad mother because you bribe your child with candy, if that works for you by all means go for it. I might not agree with it now, but my daughter is only 13 months old, it might work for me in the next few years coming, who knows. I was just implying that someone else might really think you are a horrible mother for doing so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Seriously? You really care about the opinions of a bunch of strangers?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• good grief, what happened here today? I should have gotten online earlier!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2009