Oral Thrush at 30 months?

I was brushing my 2 1/2 yr old's teeth tonight and noticed raised white lesions on the side of his tongue. I looked closer and noticed they were on the inside of his cheek on the same side. I'm pretty certain it's thrush, but haven't really heard of 2 yr olds getting it. Everything I read deals more with infants and adults, saying infants rarely need treatment, while adults do. SO what about pre-schoolers?! Anyone else experienced this around this age? Should I take him to the doctor? Any input would be helpful... Thank you!

xraydri

Asked by xraydri at 9:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My son had gotten from being on antibiotics at about 18months. The doc. gave him oral Nystatin and that worked for him. I would call his doc. to see what they thik.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Go to google images and see if it looks like thrush. It doesn't sound like it.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Go to the doctor and get a proper diagnosis. Even if it's nothing, you will feel better. Has your child been on heavy doses of antibiotics? This can cause thrush. Sounds more like your child may be biting the inside of the cheeks or maybe put something in their mouth that scratched the skin.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2009