What do you think?

My baby is one. She just started going to daycare last week for about 3 hours a day. Every day when my husband takes her to daycare, the workers put her in a highchair. Every day when I pick her up she is in the highchair. Today I got there to pick her up and she was asleep in the highchair. She had been asleep for a while because she had marks on her face from it. Also, one day I got there to pick her up and they hadn't changed her diaper the whole three hours she was there. I talked to the owner about it that day. They also put her in the baby swing when she isn't in the highchair. She has been walking for over two months. She will entertain herself as long as she is dry and not hungry and is allowed to walk around a play with toys and stuff. I don't think i'm going to take her back. Would you?

This is in Just For Fun because I had no idea where to put it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no I would not take her back. interaction and the ability to be mobile are essential at her age. I think the way this daycare is handling your baby is unacceptable. I definitly recommend finding another daycare
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• First of all, I'd never put my child in a day care. I would take her out of there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I would not take her back! DO they have video cameras? you can demand to see them and see whats been going on while yournot there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• No I don't think I would take her back. Find a better daycare.

I used to work at a daycare and the ONLY time the small ones were in high chairs were when they were eating. Even the crawlers and just-learning-to-walk-ers, we let them play in the floor with toys and etc. Now the babies that couldn't crawl yet, we either held them, or they played in a bouncer/swing/exersaucer. Otherwise they'd get trampled by the older kids.

As for the diapers, at the daycare I worked at, we had to change diapers every 2 hours. Being that your daughter is only there for 3 hours, it might just be an over-sight, or she didn't pee when they checked. I wouldn't worry about the diaper-changing unless she was arriving in need of a change, and it still wasn't changed when you pick her up.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• She's there only 3 hours a day and is not out of a high chair or swing?! This is appalling and you not only need to never go back there but report them to the appropriate authorities. This is totally sub standard care. Can' t imagine what they do to children they feel need discipline!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 9:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2009