Why must people post in abbreviations and text type?

I mean seriously, does it take that much longer to type out the words. Some abbreviations are fine, such as WIC, NASA, ACORN, because that is what these organizations are commonly referred to as. But must we really use stuff like "ppl" "u" "2 (instead of to or too)", etc. Personally when I see a post that's all in text type, I won't even read it because it takes me too long to figure out what they're saying. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned. What does everyone else think?

shannipoo714

Asked by shannipoo714 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think I'm tired of people critizing other people's grammar. This is the second post complainging about grammar. I don't care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i only do it when its going to be a long question/answer and you only have limited characters, i hate turning something into a 3 paragraph answer when it can be shorter. and people do it because that is what they do all day its habit
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I think I agree with you! And I believe it takes more time to -shorten- your words then to type them out properly.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It drives me insane. Even when I text I don't do that.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• this question isn't about grammer it is about typing shortcuts. i don't text much ( once in five years) so it is a pain to figure out what they are saying
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Text type is pretty simple and self explainatory, maybe u should get the text acronym widget added to your page it might help u, if its really that hard for you.
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 9:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Sorry it posted twice, and also some deaf people prefer to use text type because they have to write everything out to people and its habit.
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 9:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I am 16 and I think it is a sad result of how illiterate the schools have been teaching people to be. Many people abbreviate because they truly CANT spell properly.
    So..ppl wont have 2 no they cnt spell!!!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Let's see it's easier to type, most everyone understands it and on places like this you can only type so many characters so if you're typing something fairly long it's better to use txtspk because you are using less letters and can type more.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2009