In my neck of the woods.......

Was the transgender mayor wrong for what he was wearing to the council meeting? Here is the link to the story.

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_072309_news_silverton_mayor_outfit_complaint.6bf4b1e3.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yes. She was inappropriately dressed as a govt rep. Period. It has nothing to do with the fact that this poor soul is working to be one of the less fortunate looking women I have ever seen - it's that she was not dressed to the dress code.

I am for equal rights but this is not a transgender discrimination thing. It's a put some damn clothes on when you are representing the town as our mayor thing.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 9:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• throwing upFreak

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• She is not a she, she is a he, and he considers himself a he, he even has a girlfriend. LOL I am not quite sure why he considers himself transgender, when the many transgenders I know, feel they were just born in the wrong body and the wrong sex. He likes being a man, he just wants to look like a woman, but have all the man perks, like girlfriends.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I read the article....

“I believed the Council Dress Code was an intrusive and unnecessary piece of legislation when it was first introduced… it is clearly time to rescind this resolution before it becomes an embarrassing public issue for our community,” he wrote, also citing state anti-discrimination laws

If he doesn't believe in living by the rules he REALLY shouldn't be in charge of making and enforcing rules!  Nut...just ANOTHER liberal that wants EVERYTHING to be HIS way and to hell with whoever else may not like/agree/or be comfortable with what HE is doing...we should all just bow down and let EVERYONE do WHATEVER they want!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• LOLOLOL at the 5th poster!! A swim top on that wrinkly mess is somehow less embarassing??

That is hilarious. Doesn't matter what her position is. Until the code is changed, it needs to be followed.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 9:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• lmfao... the stripper shoes is what made me laugh
    orkibe3

Answer by orkibe3 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• sorry, but the guys in my family can wear skirts only they are called Kilts. and he is not going to be a pretty woman he looks like he belongs with Monty python
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• why does the City Council even need a dress code
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

Well if your part of the council, you should be wearing some type of casual business attire. Clothing can be distracting and take away from the meeting.    Especially when he was speaking to a bunch of 3rd graders. And from what I understand it wasn't just a mini skirt, but a micro mini. He could of worn a summer dress or something a little more appropriate.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2009