preclampsia ?

I just had a doctor's appointment today but to be honest, I think my doctors are a little unorganized. I see six different doctors because they want me to meet each before I deliver as they have no way to tell who will be on call when I give birth.

Since about 6 months I've been seeing spots and lights flashing across the room when I get hot, when I'm in the shower or when I vomit. I get warm and feel nauseated randomly. My fingers and toes appear to be very swollen. I gained 12 pounds in 3 weeks....

My question is, do you think I should be concerned about Preclampsia? Or some other health issues?

I'm almost 34 weeks btw.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well...how's your blood pressure?
    Do you get headaches? Nausea? Pains in your shoulders/stomach?

Mainly, they can take your blood pressure and if it's a little high - they do test for other factors.
    However, it doesn't seem like you would have it - so late in the pregnancy, but you never know. Generally, around the 20th week or so is when they keep a strict eye on you - if you've been having high blood pressure - and don't want you to miss ANY appts just in case...
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Actually, pre-eclampsia can happen any time after the 20th week of pregnancy.

You should be concerned, but not panicked. Make sure to tell them the problems you're having and ask that they take your blood pressure carefully.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It might be but pre-eclampsia also has too much protein in ur urin and the baby stops growing so if ur not having anything else like that happening it may just be something else. I had got severe pre-eclampsia and had to be induced at 34wks. my son was only 3lbs 7oz but was really healthy and came home from the hosptial in 2wks all he had to do was gain weight and he did! but call ur doctor and get an appointment to get checked out asap!!
    RomeoButtlerMOM

Answer by RomeoButtlerMOM at 10:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My friend had pre-eclampsia at 38 weeks. Didnt show any signs until then. They did tons of test and discovered it was pre-eclampsia
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2009