I could really use some help right now...

I am 22, and my family does not have a history of diabetes. I am rather hypoglycemic and have been so since I was about 12. It has always been fairly under control, and I only have sugar episodes when I get so busy I forget to eat. About the middle of my pregnancy it started getting worse. My baby is 5 months old now, and I am not breastfeeding. If anything, my diet has gotten better, but I've been getting worse.

I am moosy/irritatable. I swing from happy to upset/depressed. My blood sugar has been causing my body to crash. Today, it crashed about an hour and a half after I ate breakfast (I had biscuits/gravy, sausage, and milk!). I get really bad headaches, tunnel vision, and I have started having black-outs. I get really shakey for no reason.

I am beginning to think this isn't something I can control with my diet anymore, but don't have insurance. I read most hypoglycemic adults have an underlying disease.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Any idea what it could be?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Just because there's no family history of diabetes... doesn't mean you might not have it.....
    Get on medical assistance through DSHS - or go to the ER if you are starting to black out.. It's just not a good thing to be doing around a little baby.
    You could be diabetic... or you could've had gestational diabetes while pregnant, and turned into full blown diabetes after pregnancy.

Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• You may also have low blood pressure or anemia. I have both of these and have these problems alot. Talk to your doctor about it. Be safe and get checked for diabetes, amemia, low blood pressure.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 10:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• What you need is to see a doctor, or other health care provider Dying would be bad for everyone.

Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:44 AM on Aug. 20, 2009