Should we move....

My fiance (18 yrs) and I (16 yrs) are thinking about moving because there are no job opportunities for him in our current area. We both live our own parents but would like to move in with my relatives further upstate where there are many jobs and stay with them until we can afford an apartment or house. Our parents say ok. The relatives say ok. What do you say?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I also married at 17 and wished I had waited.Things were difficult back then (1975) but they are even more these days.Let him go move and you stay til you finish school.....finacial problems will kill a relationship quick speaking from experience.You have your whole life ahead of you.I think you would be much better off staying where you are and search a little harder for a job.If he's not having any luck there maybe he needs to look at getting some grants to go to school.This day in age unless you have a degree you won't make a lot of money.I hope you the best of LUCK honey.
    fancinanni

Answer by fancinanni at 2:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I say how about looking harder to find jobs in your area (Even if you have to settle) , saving money and then moving somewhere else when you two can afford your own place. People always think the grass is always greener on the other side, sometimes it's only a matter of looking harder in the place you're at.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i think your too young to be moving out with boyfriend. i say stay home and go to school.
    lilminnie

Answer by lilminnie at 10:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I agree with KalebsMommee, That would be a big step for the two of you....moving to another state and moving in with relative too. I think that saving first would be a better choice to make but it's only my opinion. I wish you luck with what ever decision you two make.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I am in school (just mentioning) and it isn't out of state, it is about 1 hour away up-state. Thank you for input though.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Looking back 18 years, I wish I would have stayed living with Mom and Dad longer and saved up more money. I really think you should reconsider, especially with the way the economy is right now. Besides, 16 is really young. Please wait. You will have plenty of time for those things later in life. Stay at home and save as much money as you can. I wish I could go back in time and do that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I would honestly, enjoy being a teenager. I became a mommy at 17. I love my son and he's the best thing in the world, but by all means, I wish I would have been able to have the same child just later in life! There is so much time to move in with the boyfriend! I'm guessing if you're here though, you already have a child. But, really, slow down a little bit! Save money while you can! Get a job making anything like the others said while you are still at home! GL

(please don't take what I say as being ugly... I really want the best for people and I just want people to really think about what's down the road and what life will be like)
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 10:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2009