my 3 yr old wants me in the room 2 sleep.......

how do i make her sleep by herself?
here she is crying for me,with her TV on,which i DIDNT wanna do,but usually it calms her down (dont judge! lol) and im 2 rooms away,and she can SEE ME!!! but she wants me in the room with her.
any other mothers like this?
HELP!
HOW DO I HELP HER?
she needs 2 sleep in her own bed,its bad enough we share a room! lol

mamacita4two

Asked by mamacita4two at 10:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Go for it!! you'll miss those words someday!!!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• maybe sit in there til she falls asleep? she may be having nightmares. ask her why she wants you in there. when my daughter does that, also 3, i ask her why she needs someone in there and its usually something i can fix and she'll be ok (like when we first moved she thought i was gonna leave her alone in the middle of the night, when my husband got home from deployment she thought he was gonna be gone when she got up, or its monsters and i scare them away) shes old enough to tell you whats wrong.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Awww, vabchmommy, the one with your husband coming home from deployment is heartbreaking.
    I'm glad he's home safe and sound. god bless.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 10:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• dont sleep in the room with her, only spend about 5 minutes in her bed with her to comfort her. then leave the room if she gets up n comes in ur room keep puttin her back n her room it sounds very mean and horrible 2 do but it works! i have done it quite a few times 4 some of my friends kids ur daughters age! u cant give in because it will just continue trust me! it may make u feel bad 2 see her cry and be so upset because she wants u in her room with her but it wont end good if u fall for it she will want u to do it every night! keep it up with what i mentioned to do and she will stop after a few days and be ok!! i wish u the best of luck!!
    RomeoButtlerMOM

Answer by RomeoButtlerMOM at 10:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• my son is 2 and has slept with me most nights since he's been born.. he still wakes up throughout the night too, so maybe thats why i've done it for so long.. but i bought him a lightening mcqueen bed thinking he would be excited about it and sleep in his room, but nope.. so i put a tv in his room and nope he wants to watch tv in daddys bed, so i have no advice for you.. people tell me i need to be consistent and actually make him stay in his bed no matter how hard he cries, but of course i cant let my child cry.. i feel bad about it cause he's crying just cause he wants to be close to me.. alot of nights i let him fall asleep in our bed then we move him to his bed, but like i said he wakes up so much through out the night that i'm in his room getting him back to sleep more than i get sleep, so i'm stuck too.. sorry i don't have any advice, but atleast your not the only one... lol
    RykersMom07

Answer by RykersMom07 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I have lay with my daughter till she falls asleep. Then she is fine. My mom said I was that way till I was 5
    Nicole_2007

Answer by Nicole_2007 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2009